Programmatic Vs. PPC Advertising
It isn’t always clear what the real differences are between two things – which is why we are taking the time today to share with you a clearly articulated and organized way of looking at and comparing programmatic advertising verses pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
PPC & Programmatic Have The Following In Common
- Both are considered a type of media ad buying. For example online banner ads (Adwords, Doubleclick, Adform, Sklik…), online search ads (Adwords, Sklik, Yandex, Bing…), online video ads (Youtube…), social media ads (FBX, Twitter Tailored Audiences), mobile ads (Adwords…), etc.
- Both offer real time optimization, automated buying, data drive targeting — advantage of online/digital marketing like PPC, cross-screen optimization and measurement, etc.
- Both are important to informing your customers, driving sales, increasing conversions, etc.
- Both play a role in brand awareness and engagement.
- Both are important to do because they reach customers at different buying stages. Which leads me to the next point.
Key Difference of Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
Targets buyers looking to purchase and/or engage in your brand, product, sale, etc. NOW!
Key Differnece of Programmatic
Targets buyers looking to purchase and/or engage in your brand, product, sale, etc. in the NEAR FUTURE.